An independent project organisation has been established to handle all tasks regarding the construction of the New University Hospital Aalborg as well as other smaller construction projects necessary to run the existing hospital until the New University Hospital Aalborg is completed.
The project management is led by the head of the project organisation together with the Director of Aalborg Hospital.
The project staff is all skilled employees with vast experience from large construction projects in the Region, who are all capable of planning, running and controlling large construction projects within the given budget.
The project organisation must be flexible and dynamic in order to carry out all tasks required and able to cooperate with all external advisors to ensure the cooperation and drive necessary to complete the project.
The Regional Council as contractor
At the political level the Regional Executive Committee is also the Building Committee for the future University Hospital Aalborg and a political subcommittee under the Regional Executive Committee is appointed – incl. the Chairman and the 2 deputy chairmen of the Regional Council along with one additional Regional Council member.
The Regional Council/Executive Committee is to ensure;
- the project organisation is competent to carry out all tasks regarding the construction adequately for the entire project period
- the organisation and distribution of responsibility ensures an effective and reliable management of the construction
- the financial management will focus on timely and reliable reports incl. relevant balancing and control, etc.
- the risk management policy is well defined and the procedures for risk assessment, risk management and follow-up are prepared and implemented
- the work instructions regarding the construction management are prepared, being followed and if necessary are being redefined during the construction process.
Other stakeholders, groups, individuals, etc.
The work with the new university hospital includes an administrative advisory group consisting of management and employee representatives of the hospital. The group will monitor the project and will discuss general principles for the project and contribute with advice and coaching to the project management.
The North Denmark Region has a tradition of a high degree of user involvement. Employees, patients' associations, etc. become involved in the many task groups established both during the initial stages of developing ideas for the new university hospital and in the subsequent project design.
Cooperation has been established with the Danish University and Property Agency and Aalborg University. This cooperation will ensure a high degree of integration between treatment, education and research across the hospital and university.