Such a large construction as the new university hospital in Aalborg East requires comprehensive planning, where both authorities and professionals are involved in the various phases of construction.
The table below illustrates the next steps in the construction of the new university hospital.
- Election of six contestants in September 2011
- Choice of up to three competitive projects in March 2012 (which will have the opportunity to improve their proposals after negotiations with the region)
- Selection of the winning project in June 2012 (winner becomes coordinating contractor on the project).
- The project is planned in more detail in dialogue with prospective users and staff 2012-2014
- First sod is cut in 2013
- Site development, roads, supplies etc. 2013-1014
- Bidding period 2015
- Execution of construction 2015-2020
- Hospital operations 2020 and forward.